We recently received this notice from Salem Paulos, of Gustolab, of an opportunity that may be of interest to our readers:
We are still accepting applications for the Spring 2017 program which includes courses on the topics of Food Culture, Sustainability, Food Media, Sustainable Architecture and Food Design.
The Spring 2017
program of Gustolab International Institute for Food Studies will assist students in identifying and analyzing major components of food + sustainability + culture + design + architecture in Italy and elsewhere. Students can take five courses during this spring semester program in Italy that takes place from January 13 to May 13, 2017.
Courses that students can choose from:
- FOOD AND CULTURE IN ITALY
- FOOD AND MEDIA (FILMMAKING ABOUT FOOD ISSUES)
- LAYERS OF ROME (HISTORY OF ART AND ARCHITECTURE COURSE)
- CONTEMPORARY ITALY: CULTURE AND SOCIETY (SOCIOLOGY COURSE)
- FOOD WRITING
- FOOD SYSTEMS AND THE ANTHROPOLOGY OF FOOD IN ITALY
- SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE IN ITALY
- FOOD DESIGN
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE COURSES (FROM ELEMENTARY TO ADVANCED LEVEL)
For interested students, we can also provide internships in the sectors of Food Production, Health, Sustainability, Hospitality and Tourism. The internship takes place during the period of the Spring 2017 program (January 13 – May 13, 2017) to allow students to take courses while having a professional experience abroad.
Are you curious and would you like to learn more about our courses? Check out the following videos:
Our programs are open to students, scholars and professionals.
Scholarships are available!
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2016.