Now is the time to join SAFN
In light of the 2020 pandemic, we reduced our membership fees significantly. Here are the rates for 2022:
Student membership is only $5
Regular membership, $30.
Why Join SAFN?
SAFN is made up of individuals who work on a wide range of topics related to food and nutrition. SAFN is a unit of the American Anthropological Association (AAA), which is the largest professional organization of anthropologists in the world. You don’t have to be an anthropologist to join SAFN, but you must first join AAA and the membership fees are based on a sliding scale, starting at $35. To join AAA go to: http://www.aaanet.org/membership/. After you fill out the new member form, you will get to a list of AAA units (sections); Scroll down to Society for the Anthropology of Food and Nutrition and add that section to your membership.
Among the benefits of SAFN membership are:
- Access to the teaching resources on the website
- Access to the network of members and opportunities to make professional connections with others interested in food, nutrition, and anthropology
- Access to the SAFN listserv, which puts you in contact with the collective knowledge and wisdom of our members (once you join, the AAA will automatically add you to the listserv)
- Opportunity to publish on Foodanthro.com and Anthropology News (readership ~25k)
- Opportunities to participate in SAFN activities at the AAA meetings (which include tasty food and drink!)
- Access to any SAFN-sponsored publications
- Discounted registration for the annual AAA meetings for AAA members
- Many other benefits of AAA membership (see the AAA Website for more information)
Please contact us if you have any questions about membership.