We’re having a membership drive! SAFN members, please tell friends and colleagues about our section and ask them to join. A lot of people do research on food and nutrition but they are not part of SAFN. We can’t understand why they are missing out on being part of such a great community. The benefits of membership are many:
- become part of a supportive and engaging community
- receive the SAFN newsletter
- access the SNAC 4 syllabi set
- attend the SAFN reception at the AAA meeting (we always have the best food)
- take advantage of reserved seats for SAFN-sponsored workshops and special events at the AAA meeting
- be featured on the Food Anthropology blog
Students can take advantage of the newly reduced cost for student membership: it is now only $10 for students to join SAFN.
For each person an existing members signs up, their name will be entered into a draw. Prizes will include olive oil, a SAFN membership, SAFN swag and other fun food and anthro-related items. Send your name and the new member’s name to reblack (at) gmail.com. Prizes will be distributed at the SAFN reception during the AAA conference in November or by mail for those not attending the meeting.