ATTN SAFN MEMBERS: DEADLINES EXTENDED, Plan and submit your sessions for AAA 2020 in St. Louis, MO!
The time has come to start planning and submitting sessions for the annual AAA meeting.
The meeting will be held November 18-22, 2019 in St. Louis, MO. The theme is Truth and Responsibility.
St. Louis promises to be a fun and productive meeting. SAFN’s AAA Program Committee and Executive Board look forward to putting together a great program for our members – but we need your help. Please begin organizing your oral presentation sessions, roundtables, gallery sessions, installations, and workshops!
The Submission Portal is open – and all the submission details can be found here. When you submit, please select SAFN as your review section.
- Submissions must be started in the Submission Portal by Friday, May 15 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
- Submitters will have until Wednesday, May 20 at 3:00 p.m. EDT to finalize and submit their proposals.
SAFN encourages you to take advantage of a wide range of presentation formats:
- Oral presentation sessions (standard and retrospective)
- Roundtables (standard and retrospective)
- Group flash presentations (5 minutes each)
- Curated group gallery sessions (with posters or other visual content)
- Installations (including performances, readings, or other creative forms of expression)
- Individually volunteered papers and posters
- Mentoring event
Invited and Co-Sponsored Sessions
We will consider all sessions submitted to SAFN for Invited status. Last year we co-sponsored several sessions with Culture and Agriculture and the Society for Medical Anthropology. These co-sponsorships were a great success and they increased our visibility and audience! We hope expand our co-sponsorships this year. Please let us know about your sessions and make suggestions for co-sponsorships as soon as possible.
Organizing sessions vs. individually volunteered papers
We encourage you to take advantage of the AAA Communities and various listservs you may be a part of to organize a session or find a session for your individual contributions. The SAFN committee will do its best to organize individually volunteered papers into panels for review – but our experience is that organized panels are more cohesive.
A reminder that you must be a member of either AAA and register for the meeting to submit a proposal. Also, individuals can only present one major (Presenter) role plus one secondary (Discussant) role per meeting. There are no limits on minor roles (Organizer/Chair).
All submission details can be found here— but please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions.
The 2020 SAFN AAA Program Committee
Daniel Shattuck – firstname.lastname@example.org